Sunday, August 10, 2014

I'm back and I have a few projects to share.

Good morning everyone. I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend. I know I have been gone awhile. With summer here, I have been trying to spend as much time with my husband and son as possible so I had not been crafting much outside of swaps and RAKs that I had worked on. I can not believe how fast this year has gone by. In less than two weeks my son will be starting jr high. He is so nervous to be starting a new school with new teachers, but it know he will do great!

So today I wanted to share with you a couple of items that I created for a dear friend as well as a swap we had done. I just love how everything turned out. 
Starting with the swap, we decided to swap altered spoons and I just love how these turned out. I would love to find some baby spoons and make some ornaments for a shabby chic christmas tree. Wouldn't that be cute!
So for these spoons, I used a couple of beautiful laces from my stash, some rosette trim, flat back pearls, WOC flowers, seam binding, and some lace butterflies. For the pink spoon, I hand dyed the laces used on that spoon. 

The next items I worked on are items I made for her just because. She really loved my altered cassette stick pin case so I wanted to make her one along with a few matching embellishments. 
Starting with the upper left corner... I altered a binder clip using this beautiful paper from Maja designs, added a tiny heart lace to the top, a crochet heart yo the corner as well as a few little beautiful WOC roses, and some pearl stamens. I crocheted around the entire clip on both sides and added another little lace butterfly. The note card is a prima note card that I backed with white cardstock and pinched around with a Martha Stewart punch. To the right of that is the altered stick pin cassette case I made for her. For this I used the same Maja Design paper, a couple of metal corner embellishments that I heat embossed white, a spell binders die cut, and a prima cherub. The laces used on this were laces in my stash. The bottom left corner I created a bottle cap charm using an adorable image from etsy. Then created a bunch of pearl dangles and a little angel for the bottom. I also added a tiny pearl heart on the side of the bottle cap with a teeny tiny pink resin rose. For the bottom right photo, I painted a couple of wooden clothes pins, then added more of the same Maja Design paper, had hubby drill a tiny hole in both and created small dangles for them. In the center of the clothes pins, I added a couple of pieces of lace that I had cut up and added more pearls, and WOC flowers and some pearl stamens to those as well. I just love how these all turned out and I can not wait for her to receive them. 

The last item I made was a tiny little cereal box to hold all the items in the above picture. I made this box following Bonas tutorial on YT. It's rather plain but still love how it turned out.

Anyway that is all for now. I thank you for stopping by and I hope you all have a beautifully blessed weekend. 
🎀Hugs🎀




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time to stop by my blog and for your support. I hope you have a beautiful day.
Hugs,
Shan