Sunday, August 10, 2014

Shabby chic dream catcher (3rd post for the day)

Hello again! I am back to share with you my 3rd post for the day. Trying to catch up on the few items I did over the summer. So for this post I wanted to share with you a shabby chic dream catcher I created for a swap with a dear friend of mine. I originally wanted to use a doily for the center as I had done before but couldn't find any at the time that would fit the small metal ring I used and didn't have enough thread to crochet my own. But that's ok. I still love how it turned out!!!
I first started with a metal ring I had purchased at michaels. Then I wrapped the ring in cotton batting. Once that was covered, I then tore strips of fabric to cover the batting. For the center, I used crochet thread and added a couple of crystal beads. I also created a handmade lace butterfly from some lace I purchased at walmart to the center of the dream catcher. On the bottom, I tied lots of beautiful laces, fibers, and seam binding as well as some beautiful beads and feathers. I then finished off the dream catcher by adding a couple of pink flowers/ leaves that I had purchased on a zibbet store as well as a beautiful white flower gifted to me by my dear sweet friend Lydia. I just love making these and love how beautiful this turned out. Please let me know if you have any questions. 
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a beautiful day.
🎀hugs🎀

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time to stop by my blog and for your support. I hope you have a beautiful day.
Hugs,
Shan