Friday, September 20, 2013

Inspired By Stamping Inspiration Challenge #66

Good morning everyone. 
I dont know about you, but I am so happy it is Friday! Don't get me wrong, I don't live a busy life style as I am a stay at home mom but the weekends give me an opportunity to sleep in! Sad part about it is, I am so used to waking up at 5 am every morning that when the weekend comes around, my body says " hey lady, time to get up." lol

So today I want to share with you a card I made for a challenge over at Inspired By Stamping. 
Now I have to say this was REALLY a challenge for me as I don't usually work with these colors and was real limited on what I had. But I think I made it work and I am really happy with the way that it turned out. If you want to play along, you have until the 24th of Sept to get your entries in. You do not need to use one of their products at this time and there are 2 other color challenges going on as well. Also make sure you head on over to the blog as they have a blog hop going on today and will run for 2 weeks. 

Here is the challenge I entered. 

And this is my card:

I cant believe I didn't use any lace or flowers on this! I think it still turned out adorable. 
For this card I layered black and yellow card-stock. I did have one sheet of yellow and white gingham pattern paper that I have had in my stash for a gazillion years. lol OK not really that long but I would have to say for at least 7 years. EEK. I used a Martha Stewart border punch as well as an ek success photo corner punch. I used a scalloped circle and layered it with a white circle that had score tape  on it and added white fine glitter to. Then i took a bee sticker and layered it on top of the white glitter and used yellow fine glitter to the body as well as silver fine glitter to the wings. The beautiful Sentiment stamp is from Inspired by Stamping "Big Notes" set.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. 
Hugs and Blessings,
Shan


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! I love the colors you chose to work with and the image is perfect for them. Love all the glitter too! Thanks for joining us at IBS:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the bee with all its shimmer and glitter! Such a beautiful card! Hugs, Joanna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking your time to stop by my blog and for your support. I hope you have a beautiful day.
Hugs,
Shan