Good morning everyone.
I hope you all are having a beautiful weekend. It is really REALLY cold here this morning. It is now 27 degrees and they are possibly calling for snow on Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. I don't know that I am going to hold my breath for that one yet. The weather forecast here seems to change hourly.
I know that I have been slacking on my blog lately. I really wish I could post from my Ipad as my laptop seems to always go so slow, so needless to say I am not on it much. I wanted to share with you all some wonderful projects I have been working on over the last week. A good friend and I decided to make a few ornaments for eachother for Christmas and I have also altered a little something extra.
For the first ornament, I altered a key from Michaels.
This key was originally white with a bit of brushed gold over it and I wasnt really liking the look of it so I started by heating the key up with my heat gun and dumped a bit of white embossing powder over it, then reheated. Unfortunately it wasnt covering too well so while it was still hot, I rolled it into some UTEE. It gave kinda a beaded effect that I really like so while the UTEE was still hot, I poured a bunch of white glitter on it and I really like the texture it gave to the key. Next I took a piece of tulle and tied it into a bow and glued it to the key. Then I added a little strand of pearls and added a feather over it. I had ordered this beautiful little cherub from a etsy store and was hoarding it but knew it would be the perfect fit for this key. So I glittered up her little wings and used a really light pink copic marker to give her rosey cheeks and lips. The little rose is from I am roses and i glued that down and added a bit of glitter to that as well. I finished it off by adding a bit of seambinding to the key along with a sparkle bead to hang the key from.
Next up is an altered matchbox I created.
Now this is the first time I have altered a matchbox and this was a real challenge for me. I am not sure if I really liked the way that this came out. I first started by painting the match box with some gesso then I added some vintage paper ( it was from a 1895 German paper i purchased on eBay some time ago) and I used mod podge to glue that down. I then took some crocheted lace and adhered that on top of the vintage paper. I trimed the edges of the box with some flat back pearls that I had purchased from Sa Crafters and then created a little tiny rosette out of some small doilies. I created a little angel pearl dangle for the bottom of the box and used some pearls and wire for it to hang from.
Now this 3rd ornament I really love.
Well actually one of these are for her and the other I am keeping for myself. I first created the larger heart as a trial heart. I have had a small piece of this adorable fabric in my stash for 5 years not exactly sure what I wanted to use it for. But when I thought about trying this, I knew it was the perfect fabric for it. I do have a video up of the larger heart if you wish to see it in further detail here.
Last but not least, I altered a little battery operated light for her.
This is another project that I absolutely love. Again, if you would like to hear how this is created I have a video explaining all the details here.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs and Blessings to you all.